Over the last couple of months, we have been preparing for some great fundraisers and events to help us move forward and be ready to assist when called upon. Here are some of the things we are currently working on:
· We have received our official sales Tax Exemption certificate from the IRS to go along with our Non for Profit 501(c)3 status
· We had a really nice turnout for our Brooklyn EMS Gathering II at The Bean Post Pub, will be having another one coming up in June/July
· The Jim & Judy Alexander EMS Memorial Scholarship ($300), our board of directors have decided to award scholarships/grants to three of my past EMT students once they have completely finished and become NYS certified. This is a big step forward for us considering we presented 3 scholarships in all of 2016.
· Our 3rd Steak & Whisky Night at Bootleg Mannings on Thursday April 27th sold out in less than 48 hours! I was notified today that we may have a huge announcement for that evening, hopefully details to follow soon
· EMS Week Celebration Party – Saturday May 27th at Bootleg Mannings from 7pm-11pm, No cover charge, DJ, Food & Drink Specials, Raffles, Drawing of our progressive 50/50 ( last year we gave over $900 to the winner ) and presentation of our EMS Memorial Scholarships. More details to follow soon
· Tee Shirts – 2nd printing is here; the shirts are $15 each ($6 for shipping). I have a few of each size, email or text me and will send you invoice
Progressive 50/50 raffle are $5 each and running from March 1st to May 27th. The Grand prize is 50% of total monies collected with current total being $250 (winner does not need to be present). If you would like a ticket reach out to members of our Board Annmarie, Ted, Keith, Anthony or myself.
Louis P. Cazzetta, M.S.E.D, EMT-B CIC, AHA RF
Primum Non Nocere Foundation